The premiere of the long awaited Half of a yellow sun took place on Sunday 8th September 2013 at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival, Winter Garden Theatre, Toronto, Canada.
The premiere of the movie, which is an adaptation of Chimamanda Adichie’s best selling novel ‘Half of a yellow sun’ saw the stars and crew looking gorgeous in their various outfits.
Here are my top 5 red carpet looks in no particular order!
1. Genevieve Nnaji who played the role of Ms. Adebayo in the movie. She dazzled in a white, high neck, jumpsuit designed by Andrea Iyamah. While clutching a white handbag, Genevieve went all ‘gold’ with her accessories with a gold belt to accentuate the dress, gold earrings and a gold bracelet!
I am total coveting that look!
2. Anika Noni Rose who played the role of ‘ Kainene’ rocked in a body fitting Hérve Léger dress stuled with a pair of silver earrings and black shoes. Check out her pose! Flawless!
3. The author of the day, Chimamanda Adichie brought some colour to the red carpet as she dazzled in a yellow peplum dress top and a matching yellow skirt with a touch of red underneath the top. Awesome!
4. Thandie Newton who announced she was pregnant on the red carpet! She wore a white and black Stella McCartney dress and accessorised with diamond stud earrings, a Stella McCartney acetate box clutch and black strappy heels. She looked totally gorgeous!
5. Onyeka Onwenu, Musician and Actress stood out in a black velvet blouse which featured gold studs and gold velvet fabric, black pants and black heels. She finished the look with a black clutch and a silver bracelet.
All in all, the stars looked awesome, check them all out after the cut! Enjoy!