Interesting Facts and Trivia About Nigeria
There been many facts about the most populous black nation. Below are some few more things you need to know about Nigeria:
– Nigeria is China’s top market.
– Nigeria has more writers and authors than the whole of West Africa.
– There are more hairs on the chest of Imo females than their males.
– Nigeria is rated as having the 4th largest number of doctors in the world.
– Living in Abuja costs more than living in London.
– Wole Soyinka is the only black African to have won the Nobel Prize for Literature.
– Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things fall apart’ translated into more than 10 languages, is compared to Greek Tragedy.
– Nigeria, the sixth largest oil producer in the world, meets 8% to 15% of the U.S oil demand.
– The second largest deposit of Bitumen in the world is found in Nigeria.
– The largest Christian gathering in the world is held in Nigeria.
– Nigeria has the largest church auditorium in the world.
– Nigeria has the highest number of musicians in the world.
– Every state in Nigeria has a place called Sabo.
– Nigeria has more Muslims than any other African country.
– The hottest place in Nigeria is Gwagwalada.
– Late Chief MKO Abiola sent 10m dollars to Youeri Museveni to help topple Idi Amin Dada.
– The pastors of the largest churches in UK, Kenya, Tanzania and Ukraine are a Nigerians.
– The most spoken phrase in Nigeria is ‘how far?’
– Nigeria is the highest user of slang in Africa and the second in the world after U.S.
Compiled by Michael Valentine.