We love publishing quality guest blogs. on Haba Naija. If you are a blogger and wish to have your article featured on Haba Naija, that is great. Here are our guidelines to help guest bloggers write content we may accept.
Topics Haba Naija is Looking For
- Human interest
- Social media marketing
- Search engine marketing and optimisation
- Tutorials on a topic you know a lot about
- Video creation and marketing
- App and mobile marketing
- Social Media/Influencer story
- Unique news story
- Apps and web programming
- Small business development
- nfographics on any of the above or related topic
- Charity and NGO related news
Here are some things you should bear in mind when writing your article:
- Tell a story – Every good story starts with an introduction, the body of the story and a summary of what the story is about. Some call it introduction, content and conclusion.
- Stay on topic – Narrow the topic you want to write about, and stay focused on it. Rambling and meandering text will lose your readers. . Stay focused on what you are writing about. Pepper your article with useful know-how, tips, techniques that can help your readers.
- Write in the third or first person – We are pretty relaxed about the voice used in your article. You can write as yourself or in the third person. We just ask that you are consistent; use one voice through your article.
- Authoritative evidence – It is okay to claim that product A is better than product B. You must however corroborate your claim, with evidence from a respected third party. Your personal anecdotal evidence is no good enough.
- Link to at least one article on Haba Naija – There are hundreds of articles in Temi’s blog. Find the right keyword/anchor text in your article and link to at least one of the articles.
- 1,000 words or more – What is worth doing at all is worth doing well. While we want your article to be concise and focused, it needs to be at least 1,000 words or more to stand a chance of being featured on Temi’s blog.
- Images & videos – We give higher priority to articles illustrated with images, pictures or videos. Articles with unique custom images do particularly well in our blog.
- Exclusivity – The article you submit to us must be unique, not previously published online and must be new. It should not be a rehash of articles previously published elsewhere. You may publish it on your own blog, after two or more weeks since it appeared on Haba Naija.
- Author’s bio – Naturally, we give credit where it’s due. Please include brief information about you, including a link to your site or social media profile. Only one link may be included in this section of your article.
Comment on posts – We expect authors to respond to comments left on their article by readers,
Editing posts after publishing
Please ensure your article is proofread, you links and anchor texts are pointing where you want them to point, before submitting an article. If you want an article edited after publishing, there is a small admin fee.
Contact us FIRST before you get started
Please use the contact page found here, to pitch your guest post to us, before you start working on it.